Friday, April 15, 2011

Augusta Baker's Dozen

Today was such a beautiful day! It was perfect weather for our trip downtown to the annual storytelling festival, Augusta Baker's Dozen. We were lucky and heard some great storytellers--I bet the kids could tell you a (maybe not so) scary story about the old woman with red lips and red nails. It also turned out to be a continuation of our study of folktales, fairytales, and even poetry. We heard Sleeping Ugly and The Old Woman who Lived in a Vinegar Bottle. The kids made great connections to our prior learning; you would be proud of what thoughtful and considerate listeners they were.

Although I forgot my camera (kicked myself the whole very bumpy, noisy bus ride down) I did have my phone! So you'll have to forgive the poor quality, but I did post a few pictures. The link is below if you are interested. Thanks to the parents who were able to make it! I hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment